Having children is a huge blessing to anyone who has them. From an innocent baby’s laughter to the complete sense of innocence, no matter where in the world you reside, there’s no doubt that children bring a special light into a world of darkness.
But what do you do to fight against those evil individuals who seek to do harm to our most precious gifts?
Believe it or not, there are people out there that are so incredibly evil, so diabolical, that they can snatch a child in broad daylight because the reward to them is so great.
What kind of reward am I referring to?
If you live in the west, and you’re looking for ways on how to prevent your child from getting abducted in north America, be aware that pedophiles, murderers, junkies and other scum of the earth will either kidnap an unsuspecting child or baby for either sexual or monetary gratification.
Other parts of the world such as Africa will see child abductors snatch innocent victims for ritualistic torture, organ harvesting, drug mules and other sick, unspeakable acts that would sicken the stomach of the righteous.
A Story That Hits Home Right In My Own Backyard:
During the summer months, my family and I spend some time at a place called Canadas Wonderland. And If you’re not from Canada, Canada’s Wonderland is basically a massive, outdoor amusement park that has dozens of rides and roller coasters, entertainment, shows and much more; it can be likened to a miniature Disney Land really.
just last week, the fun came to a screeching halt when a child – no more than 3 years old – was abducted in plain sight in the early afternoon.
Security acted swiftly by immediately shutting down all entrances and gates as they combed the amusement park in a desperate bid to find the missing child.
Thankfully, in less than 15 minutes they had rescued the child and caught the perpetrators…
Although the story had a happy ending – and thank God for that – however, it does illustrate the type of unimaginable scenario that we expect to occur in more hostile parts of the world.
Ways to prevent your child from being abducted:
Depending on who you talk to, or what you may have read, there is no real consensus on any one method that will guarantee your child from being kidnapped, or how to prevent your child from getting abducted in north America.
That said, you can take some comfort in knowing that many experts do agree that there are many preventative methods that have proven to be extremely useful in this time of crisis.
Below Is A list Of Recommended Ways To Keep Your Child Safe:
- Always stay away from strangers, especially the ones who claim they are a friend of the family. Take the time to explain to your kids what makes a person a stranger.
- Stay far away from anyone who is stalking you whether on foot or in a vehicle. Don’t answer any questions they ask you, and if they proceed to get close to you, don’t hesitate to run as fast as you can away from the situation.
- If you cannot anticipate a stranger invading your personal space, run, and scream if someone tries to push you into a car, van or any other moving vehicle.
- Memorize a secret code word that both you and your children will not forget. Tell your child not to go with anyone under any circumstances unless that person also knows this code word. However, reiterating the fact that you will never send someone to pick them up without first alerting them; they should never feel blind-sided.
- If your child should get lost, teach them to ask for help from someone who works there. If it’s in a movie theatre, the person working the concession stand or ticket sales. My preferred method is to always establish a safe zone where you will meet in case of separation. You could say to your child to meet you by the washrooms if they can’t find you, and wait there until I come and do not move.
- Do not accept any unplanned offers for a ride—from someone known or unknown unless you authorize it.
- Teach your kids to always tell you or someone in charge where they are going, how they will get there, and when they will be back. Always have an agreed-upon time for arrival.
- Put down the smartphone and pay attention to your children and your surroundings. Using technology that can serve as a distraction, and when you’re with your children, they need to be your number one priority.
What To Do If Your Child Has Been Abducted:
In the unfortunate event that your child has been abducted, it’s important to remain calm despite your mind’s urge to panic. Immediately follow these important steps:
- It is crucial that you are able to pull yourself together and provide information quickly to the authorities. This, in turn, will save the authorities valuable time in searching for your missing child.
- You should also have the ability to provide a good description of your child. Do have a close-up photograph of your child updated every 6 months or so. Also, it’s a good idea to keep track of details about your child’s appearance, such as height and weight, unique birthmarks, scars, and identifiable mannerisms (such as nail-biting).
- Have your child fingerprinted and added to the national registry. Check with your local police department for a comprehensive way to take advantage of this particular technology.
- Again, remain calm. You are more likely to remember helpful details if you can remain calm and not do the opposite by thinking the worst. As difficult as it may sound, staying positive will help you remember intricate details which are crucial for
How To Prevent Your Child From Getting Abducted In North America – Conclusion:
Kidnapping and the abduction of small children is a growing phenomenon that strikes to the very heart of any decent person.
Most people have an attitude that child abduction can never happen to them, however, the statistics show that this type of crime supersedes national borders, cities, and communities.
And if there is the one thing you can take away from all this it’s this: always be aware of your surroundings, and teach your children to always remain by following a premeditated plan of action.
I hope you find this post helpful and the tips and strategies useful. if you have any additional strategies, or you have an experience you would like to share, please leave a comment below as this will help others understand the dangers of child abduction.